Thursday, August 5, 2010

SMILING: My favourite exercise

I originally put these together for the front page of L'INCONNU, THE UNKNOWN ~ a new bilingual magazine bravely pioneering in Senegal, Africa.

When I get tempted to exercise, I lie down until it passes.  G.K. Chesterton

To cease smoking is the easiest thing I ever did; I ought to know because I've done it a thousand times. Mark Twain

I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. Winston Churchill

The shortest distance between two people is a smile. Author unknown

Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing. Mother Teresa


A smile costs nothing, but gives much.
It enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give.
It takes but a moment, but the memory of it can last forever.
None is so rich and mighty that he can get along without it,
and none is so poor but that he can be made rich by it.
A smile creates happiness in the home,
fosters good will in business and is the countersign of friendship.
It brings rest to the weary, cheer to the discouraged,
sunshine to the sad and is nature's best antidote for trouble.
Yet it cannot be bought, begged, borrowed or stolen.
For it is something that is of no value to anyone until given away.
Some people are too tired to give you a smile.
Give them one of yours, as none needs a smile
so much as the one who has no more to give. Author unknown


Has it ever occurred to you that humans are blessed with a unique gift – that we can smile and laugh! A smile or a good laugh makes everybody feel better, and experiments show that smiling and laughing boost your immune system, making you and the recipient of a smile feel better and stronger even on a down day.  L’INCONNU


Smile and leave it to Him

If God answers our prayers, He’s increasing our faith;

If God delays, He’s increasing our patience;

If God does not answer, He knows we can handle it perfectly. Author unknown